Problems calling an EPS image into a PostScript file
l***@gmail.com
2013-03-18 04:45:57 UTC

The following PostScript code has been tested with other programs to convert PDF and works properly, but with the Acrobat Distiller generates error:

**** Part of PostScript code ****

/DIR_IM (D:\\CM\\Images\\) def
/IMCards (Cards.eps) def
/DIRCards IMCards length DIR_IM length add string def
DIR_IM DIRCards copy
DIRCards DIR_IM length IMCards putinterval
/CardsEPSh {DIRCards run} def
/Cards {
translate
Sfx CardsEPSh
} def

**** Error generated by Acrobat Distiller 8.0 ****

%%[ Error: undefinedfilename; OffendingCommand: run ]%%

Stack:
(D:\\CM\\Images\\Cards.eps)
(D:\\CM\\Images\\)
(D:\\CM\\Images\\)
(D:\\CM\\Images\\)
(D:\\CM\\Images\\)

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

I think there should be a setting in Acrobat Distiller, as in other applications working properly.

I appreciate your help to find the error might be going

Regards,

Luis Fdo.
Helge Blischke
2013-03-18 12:32:20 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
Hi,
[...]
Isn't there a flag when calling distiller to allow unrestricted file access?

Helge
l***@gmail.com
2013-03-18 14:41:44 UTC
Post by Helge Blischke
Post by l***@gmail.com
Hi,
[...]
Hi Helge,

What should I check?

Regards,

Luis
Helge Blischke
2013-03-18 15:13:27 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
Post by Helge Blischke
Post by l***@gmail.com
Hi,
[...]
See
http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/Distiller9APIReference.pdf

Helge
l***@gmail.com
2013-03-18 16:12:26 UTC
Post by Helge Blischke
Post by l***@gmail.com
Post by Helge Blischke
Post by l***@gmail.com
Hi,
[...]

Thank you very much for your help, I needed the /F and now everything works fine.

Regards,

Luis
Don Lancaster
2013-03-23 01:33:49 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
[...]
Most run commands are locked out of Distiller, starting with Acrobat 8.

Running acrodist-F from the command line seemed to work with Acrobat 8
and 9, but even this was apparently discontinued from Acrobat 10.

The only solution I have found is to switch to Ghostscript.
See my blog for the ongoing saga.
--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email: ***@tinaja.com